To all CACG Members: The Guild has approved funding to underwrite a $500 scholarship for the ACS CCP exam fee for a qualified CACG Members to take the 2016 ACS CCP Exam on July 26, 2016 in Des Moines, IA. A subcommittee composed of Board members Tamara Hicks, Emiliano Lee, and Emily Shartin will review scholarship applications.
What is the ACS CCP Exam?
The exam was created by ACS to encourage standards of improved comprehensive knowledge and service in the cheese industry. The exam evaluates candidates’ understanding of core competencies common to the specialty cheese industry. The designation ACS CCP after an individual’s name is a mark of professional excellence, indicating that the individual has acquired the level of knowledge and expertise that is demanded throughout the cheese industry. CCPs will be required to renew their certification every 3 years by demonstrating continued professional development. Application Deadline for the CACG ACS-CCP Exam Scholarship is July 20.
In addition to meeting the ACS eligibility criteria (visit http://www.cheesesociety.org/events-education/certification-2/ for full details), applicant must:
- Be a member of CACG in good standing
- Have already been accepted as a 2016 ACS CCPE candidate
- Not have already benefitted from a company sponsorship of the CCP exam fee
- Submit copies of CCPE acceptance along with an original, short explanation of the candidate’s experience and goals in the California cheese community and discuss:
- How the CCP credential will benefit both the individual AND the California Artisan Cheese Guild in the coming years, and
- How this education can be passed on to advance the level of industry expertise & professionalism amongst fellow Guild members
- Following the exam, the candidates must write an essay about the experience to be shared via CACG website and newsletter.
- Submit the above by 11:59 PST on July 20, 2016 via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam Date: July 26, 2016
Exam Location: Des Moines, IA
**Deadline for submissions to CACG – July 20, 2016***
CACG will announce the scholarship winners on July 22, 2016.