To all CACG Members
The Guild has approved funds to underwrite a scholarship for a conference registration fee and a $700 travel stipend for the 2018 American Cheese Society Conference in Pittsburgh, PA on July 25-28, 2018. This scholarship is open to all current members of the California Artisan Cheese Guild. A subcommittee composed of Board members Alex Armstrong, Brittany Hartwell, and Tim Welsh will review all scholarship applications. The Guild will provide a fully paid conference registration to the recipient and the $700 travel stipend will be available upon submission of relevant receipts (i.e. airfare, hotel) by the scholarship recipient.
Application deadline for the CACG ACS Conference Scholarship and Travel Stipend is Friday, June 15 at 5pm.
- Be a member of CACG in good standing or work for a company that is.
- Not already benefitting from company-sponsored ACS Conference registration or travel.
- Submit an application that consists of:
- An original 1-page essay detailing how the candidate hopes to be enriched by their experience at the ACS Conference and how it would benefit the California cheese community.
- A current resume
- One professional letter of recommendation
- Following the ACS Conference, write an essay about the experience to be shared on the Guild website and via the Guild newsletter.
- Agree to submit receipts for the travel stipend reimbursement by August 15, 2018.
- Submit the above by 5 p.m. PST on Friday, June 15, 2018, to email@example.com
CACG will announce the scholarship recipient on June 29, 2018.